What Do Creative Directors Do?
Creative Directors develop, execute, and evolve the overall visual and intellectual identity of a brand across multiple platforms and media. An exceptional Creative Director will identify with the unique, authentic, and opportunity-rich vision that a company or organization has for strategic and direct promotion of growth and revenue. They utilize all of their creative and management talents to define, refine, and bring to life a unique vision across multi-channel platforms.
What Are My Duties As A Creative Director
As a Creative Director, I am personally accountable for execution of print media to include all graphic arts, catalogs, product designs, packaging, ads, advertising and marketing. In addition, I art direct and manage the creative assets for an immersive online platform including any and all websites, social media, blogs and directories. I conceptualize ideas and visuals for all projects, as well as design, plan, and execute layouts for all web and print content, whether visual or typographical. I effectively manage the client’s large-scale, multi-platform art or creative design projects to include overseeing all web, graphic, marketing, SEO, written content, sales and promotional efforts, to include managing internal and external web, design and creative staff.
Creative Director: Skills & Primary Responsibilities
They include but are not limited to the following:
- Experience working with large-scale web sites, e-marketing, and/or print advertising.
- Print and web design capabilities: I know how to work in both media to develop a cohesive and integrated brand identity.
- I possess a thorough understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
- Knowledge of layouts, graphic fundamentals, typography & limitations of the web; have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers and develop innovative solutions.
- A strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Experience in visualizing and art directing photo and/or video shoots as well as photography.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion. Apply best practices in user interface and interactive design, including image optimization and site mapping.
- Great attention to detail, with the ability to juggle multiple tasks under tight deadlines.
- Exceptionally skilled in socializing and networking.
- Excellent communication, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to supervise and train internal and external contributors – to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong knowledge and formal training in aesthetics and design.
- Extensive experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Highly developed artistic and aesthetic sensibility with exceptional conceptualization skills.
- Extensive experience developing new visual brands (e.g., logo creation, style guides).
- Deep understanding of user experience best practices.
- Formally trained in digital advertising art direction and/or digital marketing.
- Ability to demonstrate solid conceptual and design skills in interactive design coupled with a propensity for solving complex business problems and delivering a positive user experience.
- Ability to lead and direct the design of an interactive project, from concept through to code.
- Problem solver. Proven ability to solve problems independently as well as in collaboration with the broader interactive team.
- Ability to communicate effectively with creative and project management staff, engendering trust and respect.
- Good at presenting and “selling” the worth of creative ideas to influence decisions.
- Leadership abilities to inspire and share cutting edge knowledge and ideas as well as foster these attributes among others.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Comprehensive understanding of interactivity and the web along with knowing the limitations of specific platforms and devices.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Desire and motivation to stay abreast of the latest industry trends and new technologies.
- Passion for creative direction and all things visual.