A Web Design Professional must have an understanding of interactive communications and delivery systems, processes, and user interface design as well as industry best practices.
How often should you update your Site’s Web Design?
In order to effectively compete in today’s market, it is imperative that all ecommerce sites be continually updated. But updating doesn’t just apply to changing a slider image occasionally or adding a new article, a site’s code and core structure also need to be updated to reflect current standards in code. Below is a list of some of the ways to determine whether or not your ecommerce site or brochure site needs an update, whether it be a completely new web design or just some touching up.
Signs Your Website Needs Some Web Design Love
Here’s some tips that you need a new website:
- Your site is not written in HTML 5 and CSS 3. It utilizes older code (ie. XHTML Transitional 1.0)
If your site is written in older code, it must be updated as soon as possible.
- Your site is not responsive, meaning that it is not mobile or tablet friendly.
- Your site uses frames or tables instead of divs for structural integrity. If your site is structured incorrectly, it is definitely affecting your ranking potential in search engines.
- Your site is an ecommerce site and has not been updated in more than 8 months.
- Your site is not W3C compliant. Use the World Wide Web Consortium’s Validatior to check the status of your site.
- Your site loads very slowly and performs poorly or your website is difficult to navigate.
- Your site is broken. You can visually see that the code is not rendering appropriately because of large areas of missing information, broken design elements, broken links, etc.
- Your competition’s site has been updated more recently than yours or your competition is outranking you in keyword searches.
If you’ve answered yes to any of these questions, then your site is in dire need of an update.
Fill out the Web Design Quote Form and get your website on the road to recovery today!
Web Design Packages
My web design packages include but are not limited to the following:
- Built utilizing the latest code: HTML 5 & CSS 3.
- Fully customized website design that reflects your brand or personal aesthetic.
- Responsive design, built with a mobile and tablet friendly framework.
- On page search engine optimization.
- Photos & web graphics that are fully optimized for the web using Adobe CS6, the industry’s leading design programs.
- Easy-to-use navigation and effective linking.
- A full and complete website backup.
Contact me today for your free web design quote and drop me a line.